We pledge to honor the following privacy protection policy, designed with our customers in mind. We collect information responsibly, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. We ask for personal information only for our own customer registration process as well as marketing activities, and to give you access to information
For what purposes we use your personal data?
Personal data is collected and used within the limits defined by the applicable data protection legislation to take care of and develop customer relationships and to offer, sell, market, deliver orders, and develop the services and products of Hairworks and its main partners.
Personal data is used to help us better understand our customers and to help us conduct regular research into the trends and preferences of our customers. This market research and its raw data will be held within Hairworks and will never be sold, distributed, or forwarded to third parties without our customers’ explicit consent.
Information collected from the data subjects will be used for direct marketing purposes only, unless the data subject prohibits such use.
What is our data processing based on?
Processing of your personal data is based on the following grounds of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (one or more purposes may apply simultaneously):
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject (for example the duty to keep the records based on the Accounting Act).
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Hairworks.
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data.
The legitimate interests of Hairworks or a third party referred to in point c above may include, amongst others, the following matters: the right to promote the sales of Hairworks’ products and services by way of direct marketing, including profiling for the purposes of marketing and sales; business development; investigation of possible malpractice.
Consent of Personal Data in the filling systems
Hairworks’s filing systems may include the following information regarding the data subject:
- First and last name
- Company information, postal address and industrial classification
- Email address
- Phone number
- Country of residence
- Dietary requirements (this data is always given to us by the customer based on the consent)
- Information related to all orders and online purchases, such as invoicing address and payment details
- Any follow-up information related to the customer’s purchases
- Feedback given by the data subject
- Participation in Hairworks’ events
- Interests and other information or survey data provided by the data subject
- Recording date of the data
- Campaigns, offers, and other communication directed to the data subject
- Direct marketing choices
- Use of the data subject’s rights
- Information of the use of Hairworks’ digital services
- Automatically collected data (such as email metrics, IP Address, data subject’s device’s operating system, platform, email client, browser type and language)
- Mobile device identifiers (such as the data subject’s unique device ID and device name)
- Recordings of customer service and admissions telephone conversations, as well as e-mail and chat correspondence§ 6
Sources of personal data
Hairworkss filing system records information given by the data subject when registering for our newsletters or purchasing membership or other products. This information is collected by using an online form at hairworks.dk, by phone, by email, by face-to-face meeting or during the purchasing process at hairworks.dk.
Hairworks may also collect data regarding the data subject from publicly available sources provided by public officials and patent and registration offices. We may also gather data from other sources such as company websites, press releases and other materials provided by the company. Data may also be collected from news articles, other external websites, social platforms such as LinkedIn.com or from subscription based business registers such as biq.dk.
We may also gather personal data from business-to-business customers or from other natural persons, when this representative of the company or close network gives personal data of other natural person to Hairworks.
With whom might we share your personal data
Hairworks does not sell, lease, or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties outside of the Hairworks.
The name and organization of attendees of each event can be shared, as stated in the order confirmation of tickets. Please contact us if you would prefer that your information is not shared.
Hairworks may share your personal data when obtaining payment for products and services, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
Hairworks may share your personal data based on a valid order from a court or other official body with sufficient authority.
Hairworks may share your personal data as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which your personal data would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
When a customer is buying a product or service from a Hairworks cooperating partner, the controller has the right to give the relevant personal data required for the purchase to the cooperating partner.
How long do we process your personal data?
The controller will process the personal data (mentioned in section 5) of its customers until the end of the year of the last purchase plus 6 years. Potential customers’ data is processed in our marketing database until a customer relationship has started or until the data subjects asks his/her data to be deleted. For information on how this data can be deleted, see section 10.
Reviewing, updating, and correcting of personal data
The data subject has the right to check, review, and update or correct his/her information maintained in the filing system at any time. Customers must inform us if any personal data changes in order to keep their record in the filing system up-to-date. For additional questions, or to review, update, or correct personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right of erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data that concerns you from Hairworks without undue delay on any of the following grounds:
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- your personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or member state law to which Hairworks is subject;
the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
However, you do not have the right of erasure if the processing is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or member state law to which Hairworks is subject; or
- for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit that data to another controller where the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
Do we make decisions affecting you based on automated means?
Hairworks does not make decisions based solely on automated processing, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
Principles of protection
The name and organization of attendees of each event can be shared as stated in the order confirmation of tickets. If you wish your information not to be shared, please contact us. All other personal information is kept confidential.
Access to any personal information by the Hairworks will be restricted to designated individuals with a username and password. Access to this database will be given only to specifically appointed people.
The individuals managing the filing system are bound to professional secrecy.
Hairworks is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Hairworks or guarantee that your information stored by the Hairworks may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. When you enter information (such as login credentials) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt all transmitted data using HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security). However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not collect credit card information from our customers. If a customer chooses to pay with a credit card or online bank, etc., the payment is done through an external site from the credit card payment processor, or the bank, etc., and they protect it.
Do you have any additional questions about our privacy protection?
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our privacy protection policy! Feel free to give us a call at +45 6131 2018, or send us an email at email@example.com.